Thursday, June 4, 2009

An Answered Prayer


An Answered Prayer

I know the picture doesn't look like much and not everyone will look at it and see beauty. But I do! We received rain yesterday in California. It wasn't a lot but it sure was beautiful. It has been kind of foggy every morning for a the past week and every morning I pray for rain. Yesterday morning started out with the same fog and but it was a little colder than normal. So once again I said my prayer to let us receive rain . . . and we did! Everything was so beautiful after the rain. The pavement was sparkling, the trees looked a little greener, and the grass seemed to stand taller than it had before.

Nothing I have seen in California is quite as green as things in Minnesota so it is a little depressing every direction you look. Even though I have been in California for a while I still miss the beautiful green summers and chilling white winters. Michael on the other hand has lived in California his whole life except a two year break to South Africa/Botswana. Which really does not count considering the climate there is the exact same as Southern California. But as we talk about life and the future I find that we want the same things and our goals meet. He as well wants green and a white winter. It is very exciting for me to know that I will not have to stay in California forever. I plan to take what I can from it while I am here and then once we leave it will be alleluia!!

The picture is of the clouds in the sky over on the mountains. Michael took the picture while he was at work, I am sure he had a great view of the rain from his office window. I thought the clouds looked so cool. It amazes me the shapes they can take turtles, hearts, faces, elephants with wings but what ever shape the clouds really do have a mind of their own.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you guys got some rain. I'm sure you and Michael will get plenty of chances to experience new places as the time goes by, just try and enjoy life in the moment and things will work out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your dad was here a short time back and I asked for your blog and Aunt Melinda sent it to me. I was born and raised in Calif and now live in Ohio and it is home. I love it here and would never want to live in Calif again. Enjoy your blog and love seeing photos. Love from Aunt Lois in Springfield, Ohio

    ReplyDelete