Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcoming the New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
It seems a new year always brings one thing ... new years resolutions. Well, I am tired of setting a goal and failing to achieve it. This year I am starting by making small goals to equal one big goal. For example instead of saying I am going to lose 30 lbs. I am going to say I want to do some sort of exercise 5 days a week. Whether its yoga for an hour or 30 minutes, or running or walking with Michael. Whatever it may be I want to be active for at least 30 minutes a day 5 days a week and if that makes me lose 30 lbs. great! If not at least I will not have a failed new years resolution.
Also I really want to try making healthy meals and learning proportion control. Sometimes it seems you think oh I cooked this meal myself so it can't be that unhealthy. But you eat 2 1/2 bowls of pasta the calories are going to add up. So if anyone has any good healthy meals let me know I would love to get my hands on some.
Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment